Fashion is like all things. It has to start with some kind of base on which to build its foundation. These basics, in my vocabulary, are the defined as classic pieces for a variety of reasons. The ability to take you from season to season, and the fact that they can be worn together OR separately to match just about anything name a few. The foundation in this sense would be your personal style. With that being said, I believe there are a few classic pieces all women should own in order to build a solid clothing collection.
1. The Jacket - I opted for a dressier version of a trench here because I wanted one I could wear for formal occasions. It's super versatile because of the colour, but does come in darker hues as well.
2. The White Button Up - A white button up styled right will can be worn legit anywhere. This is why I own more than one of them. A white button up done wrong can make you look like a waiter at a restaurant (LOL). If you read my last post, you will know why buying tops, particularly button ups is usually a challenge. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried in on and it fit in all the right places.
3. The Knit Sweater - I love the black and white look personally but yours doesn't necessarily need to be. In order to get the most out of your sweater it should be some kind of neutral colour (black, grey, navy, brown, cream, etc). This sweater is also a bit oversized, so layering is extremely easy do to.
4. Jeans - I don't think I know anyone off hand that doesn't own at least one pair of jeans but if you don't, it's time to make the investment. Since they come in such a plethora of washes, and styles, there is definitely one out there for you. Now that it's fall, I'm loving a darker wash and a boyfriend fit.
5. Ankle Boots - There is nothing better than a new pair of shoes, especially one that you can dress up and dress down. Since I've bought mine, I wear them almost everyday. Why stop a good thing? If you prefer flat boots, a similar version to these are available!